Rad Fan Not Working,

monty-python

Hi all, does anyone know how long the engine should run for before the radiator fan kicks in. I suspect that mine isn't working.

Or is there an easy way of checking that the thermostat is working 'without tearing the bike to bits i.e bridging wires etc. Thanks in advance.

What I did on My bike was ,when the engine is in tick over...join the 2 wires up that attach to the thermostat ...this cuts the thermostat out of the equasion .If the fan runs then its the stat thats the problem.if not ...give the fan a flick to see if at starts to move .It could need a little lube on the fan bearings ...try some WD40

It helped mine anyway

regards

N

False alarm- problem solved. When i took the tank etc off and eventually located the connector, at the front of the headstock, behind the cdi, I noticed that it was disconnected, DOH!! I dont know how this happened , vibration maybe. Oh well never mind, its sorted. Cheers anyway Dr Nick!!, if it ever does pack in i'll know what to do. In future i'll look for the obvious before posting!