Spare Rear Wheel.

john.b

Could be right since 02 Perce - not sure - When did the caliper move inside the swinging arm? I had it in my mind that it was 04, but could easily be wrong?

There's been other threads about this - I'll have a search.

My mates had rather a lot of Shercos since 2002 & he's always had one spare wheel. He always keeps the newest wheel & lets the more used wheel go with the last bike but he's never had to buy a new wheel to suit a different set up.

I think they they all share same back wheel, apart from Mont. They all use same compact rear caliper as well. (Beta apart)

Just to keep you thinking, I have used the Mont back wheel on all my Sherco's since 03, I keep the Mont spacers in the wheel so the disc is centered other than that it bolts right in.

It's on my 320 at the mo. :rolleyes:

post-8-1132599021.jpg

Edited by ishy

Sherco wheel did change. 03 I think. A few manufacturers went to the 32 spoke hole hub and the disk was closer to the centreline of the wheel. I managed to have a 01 spare wheel machined to move the disc and bearing and have spacers made.

It was when the rear caliper moved inside of the swinging arm instead of above it.

Hi Dave, I was in the market for a spare, one reason is to keep a good tire/tyre for trials events, and also have a spare on hand for a quick change if needed.

I could of bought the same style rim, but checked the Mont rim first to see if it would fit has it doesn't use the rim band, only had one real problem trying to seal a rim band and it was a pain in the anus, so when the Mont wheel fit I used that, now my kids 80 came with small wheels and I installed full sized, leaving me without a spare.

I don't slam/ride hard stuff like the young riders hitting big steps etc (age thing) so my rims usually stay in good condition.