First Blood In 06?

mich lin

Lane you have all the answers, do you have a clue what is going on...

This isn't the first time you have pushed for a 125 class, is it Lane?, wasn't the last time  at an NATC meeting in the early eighties? was that because you were getting spanked in the championship and wanted to start a class you could win?, that is what people with ten times your credibility say.

Lane, proposing what is best for your kid or anybody else's is fine with me, if they are daft enough to believe in some of your statements, but they  also need to be informed that most are modified truths at best..

Ishy,

Sometimes you really know how to beautifuly communicate reality to the less fortunate.

:D

It's pure bunk that I pushed a 125cc class at an NATC meeting in the early 80s. Never happened!

Yes it is true that I was involved in the AMA sanctioned Montesa US Championship 125cc/250cc series and helped organize it. It would have never happened however without Fantic, Montesa and the American Motorcyclist Assn.

It was done for a very simple reason, in response to the no growth policy adopted by the NATC leadership! The NATC made it clear at one meeting that they didn't want the sport to grow but get smaller. Some people including a few importers and myself didn't like the idea of a no growth policy for trials.

Today, there is only a handful of those no growth people still left at the NATC.

The good news is that the OLD GUARD of NO GROWTH as a national policy are dropping out of the NATC, most do not ride anymore. Today we see a very large group of people and importers who support trials growth.

The 1980s 125cc national championship was only to buck the NATC and show them an AMA sanctioned championship for trials could be done without them. Like it could be today, in fact somebody could take over part of or the whole US national series if the AMA supported the new organizers over the NATC

Today we only want a 125cc national championship to prepare our youngsters for success for future world competition. It was the NATC leadership policy that they didn't want US riders to be able to compete on a world level anymore.

They got exactly what they wanted, no US world round riders! Some of us disagree with that policy. I believe in selling more trials bikes and winning the TDN and WTC. The NATC in the past didn't want that, today we hope most of them do.

It's pure bunk that I pushed a 125cc class at an NATC meeting in the early 80s. Never happened! 

The 1980s 125cc national championship was only to buck the NATC and show them an AMA sanctioned championship for trials could be done without them.

Sorry Lane, I must of got it wrong :D

You didn't get it wrong Ishy my friend, it was who ever was trying to give you the history lesson.

That was a long time ago and I have no grudge with the NATC anymore. I'm not in the trials business any longer and don't plan to be, so I have no dog in this fight any longer.

I even kind of like the sportsmen programs. Maybe the NATC would consider a balance of both keeping the sportsmen fun and trying to build a winning TDN team, another American World champion and selling more bikes?

A win/win program! Consider trials might die if new riders are not introduced to this great sport. Young blood is important!

Bottom line here is that this is old news and not worth our time to rehash it all again.

Lane, I cannot stand it, maybe you do not even realize what he posted, or maybe you do and just choose to ignore it.

Just in case you missed it, you disagreed with yourself, and proved yourself wrong, all in the same post.

As I tell folks, man, when you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, the first thing to do is put down the shovel. I think you and me may have something in common though becuase my wife say's that saying never would apply too me, anyone that knows me knows there would never be a shovel in my hand, it would be backhoe controlls. I must hand it to you though Lane, you dig with that backhoe (heck, maybe you got a trackhoe with all your money) deeper and faster than anyone else around.

Well, it certainly does liven up this part of the board.....

Alan, How did I prove myself wrong!

I never proposed a 125 championship at an NATC meeting in the early 80s. That's the facts.

Yes there was a 125cc 250cc US national championship series organized with AMA blessings. "Without the help of the NATC." But it was not proposed at an early 80s NATC meeting. It was an independent series from the NATC which is simply a few clubs who work together with the AMA.

Anyone could create a national series without the NATC as long as the AMA gave it's blessings.