125 2t Vs 250 4t

mich lin

There has been a question if 250cc four strokes should be allowed to compete agaisnt 125cc two strokes in a US 125 Trials Championship? Similar to what we see in American Moto-cross competition where 250cc 4 strokes can compete in the 125 moto cross class!

I suppose that the FIM has to be consulted on that question! Can a 250cc four stroke trials bike compete in the 125cc world trials championship? If they can then it only makes sense that in a US 125cc championship that we also allow bigger four strokes in the contest the championship. If it's not allowed by the FIM then we need to follow their lead and conform with international standards.

It doesn't seem to me that the 4-stroke has the same kind of disadvantage in trials as it does in MX.

With 4-stroke technology being what it is, a 250 4T could have a big advantage over a 125 2T, and the quality of the sections could really highlight the advantage.

This kind of stuff has been tested by time, though...ever since the British OHV 500s were allowed to compete in class C with the American 750cc sidevalves in the 1940s.

i agree with allowing bigger 4strokes ride with small 2 strokes, but i think that 250 to 125 is a bit extreem.

i definately think that they should let the 175 scorpa into the 125 class, its only sensible. anybody who can get more power out of a 175 4 stroke than there is in a 125 2stroke is going to win the trial anyway.

and in the world rounds they should limit the 2 strokes to 250 and let them have any size four stroke.

I was simply wondering IF the FIM even allows bigger 4T bikes into the 125cc world championship?

C'mon guys, this stuff ain't difficult: A quick hop over to the FIM web site and scan through the trial technical regulations (specifically section 01.05) will reveal that classes are exclusively capacity-based, regardless of engine type. Seems pretty clear-cut.

Cheers mate, No big four strokes then Ah!

Sorry for the confusion but we're Yanks and have had trouble with the rules going all the way back to 1776. Our AMA, the ACU of the USA allows big four strokes into motocross, so it's understandable that some of us would expect big 4 strokes in 125cc trials.

No 250cc 4 strokes allowed in world competition!

Sorry for the confusion but we're Yanks and have had trouble with the rules going all the way back to 1776.

It's all fine and good to sit around and watch the beaver come up with some off the wall, insane and uncredible statement to rouse the board. Afterall, without him, this board sits idle as no one will say anything at all. Pure entertainment value from someone who's, at least, married to someone who knows how to entertain. BUT, I have to jump in and put the reins on the ole boy when he miss types like he did in the quote. Let me fix it for you buddy,

"Sorry for the confusion but I'm a Yank and I have had trouble with the rules going all the way back to 1776"

See there, now we can confine the neorosis [sp?] to him so that we can sit back and laugh. :D

Ringo, the reason we don't go to the world round together is because they would have to toss both of us out.

Don't worry, I've got our press passes all ready for this years event! Now, do you do the pictures and I do the story or the other way around?

Beave