Gas Gas Low Ground clearance

supersup

Hi , I bought a 300 gas gas pro racing from eBay last October, not  a very well looked after bike, I have had to change pretty much every bearing and most recently the swing arm linkage kit. 

It was then that we compared the ground clearance with my friends new 2017  250 txt pro and there is about 8-10 cm difference mine being that much lower. 

Obviously I was more than a little naive when purchasing this bike, but can anyone think of an obvious reason for such a discrepancy in height.. 

Thanks in advance.

As a rough guide, with the bike on the ground with no rider, lift the rear end by grabbing the silencer. There shouldnt be more than about 20 mm sag. 

Edited by faussy

12 hours ago, greychapel said:

Just a thought, as you have had the shock linkage off, on some bikes (not sure of gas gas) it's possible to put linkage back wrong way and lower the back end, I know someone who did it on a montesa

Usually if you put the triangle in upside down on a gasgas it jacks it up even further lol

• Like 1