New Gasser

lastplacebrad

i bought a 03 pro 249 recently and find the bike very manageable and i ride clubman b (read very novice ) i have fitted the slow action throttle (much to the amusement of my ridin buddies ) and it helps with the quick power , not too sure about riding in 1st gear tho ! think that depends more on the terrain than owt else , i like ; the sussies the lack of weight , the really light controls , and the looks; dont like , the way the bike looks second hand quite quick ( and yes i do look after it ). a few people i have spoke to have mentioned the 200s i would have to try one first and only beta make a full 200 all the rest are 160s an similar . B)

this was supposed to be a reply to changs question about which new gas gas . just i pressed a few wrong buttons; as for the first gear thing ill try that at my next trial ,as i said im fairly new back to trials ( from trail riding ) so im willing to try anything ( steady on !!! ) that will improve my riding ! so keep the tips coming guys , cheers !! B)

The 03 249 gasser is brilliant.

As Perce has said, use first gear for most of the sections and you should do well. The 249 will go almost anywhere in first.

To get that grip and softness but still have the "quick power" when needed try using a modified quick action throttle. File the first 12mm or so from the throttle barrel down to the level of a slow action. You can file as much as you want to suit your riding style. This way you get the best of both worlds, a slow action throttle at 0 to 1/4 opening with fast action comming in a little later.

No reason for the gasser to look any more second hand than any other make.

Rode a beta 200 lately and hated it. Stay with the gasser.