I live near Bristol, so within the Wessex Centre, but also close to Western And South-Western Centres. Which club would local forumites recommend for a novice looking for as many easy trials as possible?

Kingswood as they have 4 or 5 club trials a year plus 2 centre championship rounds all based around Bristol......    But it don't really matter as you can ride almost anywhere with one club and a ACU licence....

http://www.kingswoodmcc.co.uk/

Edited by gasserguy

Nonsense.  I don't agree with the above post at all.  Kingswood hold excellent trials, but their Novice sections tend to often be difficult/ very difficult - especially for a complete novice rider.  Also, avoid Championships - often too difficult, even for very experienced Novice riders.

A FAR better choice of clubs would be Somerton (the best choice for a Novice rider) Blackmore Vale, Breakheart Quarry, Stroud, Zona 1, Cheltenham Home Guard,  Taunton or Hawks Cheltenham.  Additionally, any of the Classics clubs usually have a Monoshock (modern bike) class for the Over 50s. 

If a Novice rides a few Novice sections and finds them too difficult, intimidating or dangerous then they will often pack it in and not go again.  I think that Yeo Vale is a great club, often with excellent - challenging Novice sections, but I would hesitate to recommend it to a true Novice rider, with little or no experience,

• Like 4

Thanks stpauls. On your advice I've contacted Somerton DMCC. I should perhaps also have mentioned that I have a twinshock, but at novice level I would hope that doesn't really have much of a bearing on things.

Is Breakheart Trials Club ACU or AMCA? I was planning on going to their trial in about 10 days time, but I may not have all the ACU stuff sorted by then.

i live in leicester  i found  earl shilton  trials club so off i went on a sunday morning as im 60 yrs old now andi dint want to feel stupid me only the elder rider but to my suprise there were a few riders older than i am   .   so i asked about joining the club  its £10.00 for membership  and if you pay £50.00 you recieve a key to the gates and you can go every day if you wanted to which i thought was brilliant so ive just purchased a montesa 315r 2003 reg   i was actually looking for a manual as i aint a clue how to service the bike  i no they have a honda engine which are good engines i was told  oh forgot to mention if you want a professional person to teach you all day for £20.00 which if a good price 

Edited by duncans