Montesa 123

Mikr

Hi, have started to rebuild a 1974 123. Stripped her down, now sending frame for powder coating. Cleaning the front and rear shocks, all looking good so far. Will post pics as I progress. Thanks Mike 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, feetupfun said:

Seems to be a very common mod to the 123

Yes, as far as I know the original size tyres are no longer available, so only option, really;  Even finding 3.50x18 trials tyres isn't easy, certainly non of the major tyre makers list them, and whilst I know the 172 cota shared its frame with the 123 cota, the swinging arm must be different, as 172 ran 400x18 tyre, which wouldn't have rubbed, like it does on my 123.

The original size tires for the 123 are still available. Google clasicaslegendarias or Motos del Abuelo. They both have the tires listed on their catalogues but you would have to enquire as to availability . I have bought parts from the latter and had no problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cota172 said:

The original size tires for the 123 are still available. Google clasicaslegendarias or Motos del Abuelo. They both have the tires listed on their catalogues but you would have to enquire as to availability . I have bought parts from the latter and had no problem.

Thanks cota172, I did a uk based internet search, and nothing came up, which I based my earlier answer on;  Hmm, unless keeping to standard spec, still prefer to stay 21" front and 18" rear, myself.