90 Zero ?

axulsuv

:D Hello and merry christmas to all out there,

I've got a chance to obtain a 90 beta zero and I know nothing about the bike!

I would like some specs on it,(displacement etc.) and a photo if anyone has one they could post! I'm trying to move into a more modern bike in small steps,

but I'll never get rid of my trusty 240 fantic...

anyhelp apriciated ;)

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi mate , i also have a 1990 250 beta zero.

<-- heres a pic .

you can find out most of the specs on john lampkins website.

i know the stuff like what plug , what 2stroke ratio e.c.t but id be intrested any other info :D

Edited by beta_basher

:D Ok, my brother in oregon has agreed to pick up the bike for me! Now I just have to send him the $ to strip and ship it here...

But I still can't find much info on them , except that the model did win a world championship or two?

Are they hydraulic clutched? What displacement was the 90 zero, and I presume it has disc brakes.?

What do they look like?

THANKS ;)

Glenn

;) So what your telling me is this will stop , hop , and launch a whole lot easier than my fantic! Because once I started getting my trials legs back underneath me , I learned that the fantic 240 was alot more responsive bike than the new ones I rode in the early 70's... But now that my 83 240 pro is as sweet as it ever was I want more, so I'll jump another decade ahead to this beta and learn to take the most that it'll give me ! And maybe when Fantic comes out with their big 4stroke I'll be able to make use of what it will be capeable of!!!! (little steps and breath deep into the future!)

And on a differant note the gentleman the beta is coming from says it has a hydralic clutch! Was this a simple modifacation or am I going to have to deal with a *^#$!! home made system ? Thanks to all for the info... :hyper:

Glenn

P.S. r2w , my kids think the bannana splits are waayycoooll!!!!

thanks again... :rolleyes:

I have recently acquired a 92 Zero and it has severly corroded crankcase, which in turn is causing the water to pour into the clutch and gearbox. I have heard that this is a common problem. How much is half a crankcase an also how much would you say the frame alone was worth in excellent condition

• 2 weeks later...

:closedeyes: Did the zero have the unrepairable magnisium cases and water pump problems? Cause my brother just picked it up and said it has been outside in the weather for quite awhile ! Or as a master auto tech that builds hotrods out of piles of rust should I just grin and make it work and look good again???

And I haven't even seen a picture of the bike yet! :(

cheers ;)

Glenn