Evo forks

Col graham

Does anybody have a spare bullet shaped piece that fits in the top of the damper rod on the RH fork leg that makes contact with the adjuster screw (Paioli 38mm). Just done the fork seals and noticed it wasn't in the top of the hollow rod.pictures and dimensions would be great also to allow me to turn one down.

Paioli-Damper-Level.jpg

Edited by Col graham

• 4 weeks later...

This may be too late to be of any help, but, the overall length is 0.510", and the OD is 0.232" .

Mine popped out and up inside the tool I made to stroke the damper to purge the air. When I unscrewed the tool, it fell down inside the fork.

Bike is a 2009 Evo 4t with the Paioli fork.

Good luck. 

P8270003.JPG

P8270005.JPG

• 2 years later...

Hello from the US. I am new here and new to trials bikes. I recently bought my first bike, an 06 sherco 290 with what should be the same paioli 38MM forks. I was resealing my forks and it seemed like I was missing something and then I found this post showing the piece you were missing. What did you end up doing about this? Did you find a new one or make one? I have access to a lathe but am a but confused by the part, it almost looks like two pieces. What is its function? Is the o ring necessary or is it simply for the adjuster to contact the damper push rod? T

hanks for any help, i really appreciate it as i havent been able to find much info on these older bikes. 

EDIT: For anyone who runs into this issue in the future, Im not sure what the above pictured spacer is... It doesnt seem to be apart of the paioli 38mm, at least on my 06 sherco 290. The "missing" spacer was simply hidden inside the tube for me. https://advrider.com/f/threads/paioli-38mm-fork-service-help.1484571/#post-41646459. This advrider posts goes into more detail, hope it can help someone.