Rev 3 Stator

gregkabob

Ok, I made a $350 mistake. Pulled the flywheel to check the stater and screwed it up. Didn't realize the holes for the puller bolts went all the way through and as I was getting everything snugged up a turned the bolts in instead of the center puller bolt. Moved the flywheel while tightening the center bolt on the puller and DUHHH, broke the wires on the stator.

When I took the stater off it was adjusted so that the head of the bolt was about 1/2 of it's diameter from the center on the groove. It looked like it was at one time directly in the middle of the groove (am I making sense here?). I was wondering if when out of the factory it was set dead center (where I can see the previous head marks) and the place it was at was advanced? The bike was ridden and owned by an advanced rider and some folks have said that mine seemed a bit quick and the timing was probably advanced. The bike is an 02 270. What is the factory setting on the beta stators?

Thanks,

Greg