Gearbox Sprocket

trapezeartist

I picked my new-to-me Evo 250 yesterday and just spent a couple of hours in the garage with it. Unfortunately I won’t get out to play tomorrow as planned because the air filter was filthy and has to be washed and re-oiled. Then while continuing the general check over, I found the gearbox sprocket was sloppy on the splines. Is that to be expected?

2 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Dry the filter out on a radiator (or even use a hairdryer) and get out tomorrow!  Let us know how it goes.

The filter is now dry, but looking pretty ratty so needs replacing. Anyway the bike is now in so many pieces that riding this weekend is not an option. I’ll take a more careful look at the splines on the output shaft this evening, hoping to find them all good. Then I’ll continue going through checking and cleaning everything, and hoping no other nasties crawl out of the woodwork. The dealer I bought it from is being good, so I’m confident he’ll provide a new air filter and sprocket. I just have to hope a sprocket change solves the problem.