2012 evo lower shock bearing size ?

ar22

10 hours ago, oni nou said:

Take the bearing to the shop and they will measure it and supply you with the same size and spec if you tell them what it is used for.

As oni nou suggests, they may even suggest a better type of bearing for the life it has to lead. Dont buy the cheapest on offer as these bearings take a hell of load in use.

18 minutes ago, section swept said:

As oni nou suggests, they may even suggest a better type of bearing for the life it has to lead.

Dont buy the cheapest on offer as these bearings take a hell of load in use.

I buy stainless bearings if possible

Edited by johnnyboxer

8 hours ago, section swept said:

As oni nou suggests, they may even suggest a better type of bearing for the life it has to lead. Dont buy the cheapest on offer as these bearings take a hell of load in use.

my bearing only has a very bit of movement in it, so ok to ride for a weekend or two

so dont want to take the old one out and find the new bearing delayed etc, I just want it for the shelf to fit at my convenience. 

I know the bearing is a GE12 but has another letter too as the "standard" GE12E is 7mm wide, the Beta needs a 10.4mm (ish) wide body and therefore a bit of an odd bod 

I might end up just getting it from Splat but do like to buy from a few local bearing shops too and I just go in with the exact bearing code and not waste too much of their time searching for for what I know is an odd size. 

Edited by ar22