Sip77

Evo 290 hole

Anybody know if this hole is meant to be here? Doesn't look like it to me? will it be a problem or will it need sorting?

15510283925754769784546266510292.jpg

The oil was a grey green colour but not seen any debris. I'll stick it back together and change oil again see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Gasgas is identical it allows the oil to transfer through clutch back to gearbox in the gasser never seen the inside of a beta but would imagine identical role unless I'm wrong of course! It's a pretty big coincidence I think it's meant to be there.

Yes - I thought that when I saw a similar hole in my Rev 3!! - It appears to be deliberate, but has a very rough and broken "aesthetic"! - maybe they do it during the casting phase?

Thanks guys that's put my mind at rest.

I'll get new crank seals in this week and see how she goes.?

SIP  (SNP?)

What year is the Beta?   If the gasket has a corresponding hole then it was that way from the factory.

I think it may be a dowel pin hole for aligning the first outer case!   If so then you are missing  dowel pin....

Is it hollow?  The picture is fuzzy it even looks like the head of a screw has broken off. 

Does the matching case cover have a locating hole also?

Edited by billyt

billyt, I think he is looking at the big hole through to the gearbox,( you can see the gears), you are looking at the fixing hole on the gasket line ?

Yes it's the big hole. The casing feels very thin around the hole and it is rough around the edges. Like it's been hit with a hammer. Maybe an end of day casing when the tools have been dropped!