Over heating issues with my 1998 txt 250

Tom_H123

Been having many over heating issues with my bike... I bought it not so long ago at a blind auction so was expecting there to be some issues however I didn’t expect the whole cooling system to have next to none of the required electrics so I hot wired the fan up to the what I believe to be the AC power supply coming straight from the stator (correct me if I’m wrong)... the fan barely moves even at higher revs... I checked to see if the fan was working by connecting to a car battery and it works... not sure if it’s spinning fast enough though, any other way to test this? Will the fan ever work properly if there’s no rectifier? Is it worth getting a thermo switch as well or just have it on permanently? There’s a picture below of the electrics I have left...

Any help is appreciated!

87BA04FD-09A6-48CA-838B-465A9BAD2691.jpeg

Have a look in the TC Gas Gas Forum this week, at the "Thermostat keeps popping out" topic. My comments there cover most of the cooling problems you are likely to encounter. Have had to fix this problem for others on more than one occasion. Might be a bit of challenge if its been messed about with. Wiring diagram above helpful, but new rectifiers have slightly different wires. Badly earthed Rectifier common failure point.