1995 Fantic Section placed on Saturday

featsupppp

There was a local trials Saturday but my Gas Gas water pump went out on Wednesday, so I used my spare trials bike to ride it.  Its a 1995 Fantic Section.  I bought it in 1996 used but I was unable to get it to run right, so it just sat in my garage.  When started it acted way too lean, then even when jetted right, after about twenty minutes the same problem started.  I recently finally found out that the cooling was not working because the "radiator cap" provided no pressure.   I bought a cap for cheap on eBay off a street bike to test this theory.  Its ugly, but it worked.   The Dellorto needles I found were not correct for the bike, tuning wise, and I ended up using a Mikuni needle that fit in the Dellorto.   The front brake had puked so rather than try to rebuild it, I bought a caliper-hose-lever-master-cylinder complete assembly off Amazon for 35 bucks. The brake assembly was not made for Fantic so I made a small aluminum adapter plate to get it on.  Other things I have done to the bike is: put a doubler on the kickstand so it actually works.  Geared it down a little with a bigger rear sprocket (probably not needed,) Used a 1996 seat and rear fender mount (metal!) Put an extension on the tiny rear brake lever.  It has "custom" lever/hand protectors (I've had too many fingers broken by the end of the handlebar when crashing).  I put heat reflective tape on the radiator hose where it is right next to the muffler header.  My plan was to use it for a trail bike so I put an enduro headlight on it and a KTM 300 seat and rear fender.   It has a street-legal license plate and tail light that I have not mounted yet.  It ran fine the entire trials event Saturday and was lots of fun.   I am 6' 2" so the seat was no problem.  Here are some pictures of it. 

20190506_133325.jpg

20190506_133525.jpg

• Like 3