New fat lass anybody?

perce

Above is all very true and some bits are 315R bits so even longer then 15 yrs (First 315 was 97!!) Maybe it would be nice to see something radical but would that be at the possible expense of the legendary durability.

I guess Hondas ethos is that they treat every bike they make the same with a full road legal kit, workshop manuals etc etc. With Bou winning on a very special "std" bike and the rest of the range selling in reasonable volumes plus the 4ride as you say the economics in reality say they are doing the correct thing.(head ruling heart unlike maybe some of the other manufactures that are struggling)

Maybe HRC could do what the car giants do with the likes of AMG/Brabus/BMW M models. Arbarth etc and produce a limited Full factory (nearly) bike but would probably be £15K.

In realty the 300RR performance wise is very good - only drawback against the 2ts is the weight but to reduce that either adds bucks or reduces reliability - Maybe a 4 speed, single plate clutch, reverse cylinder, carbon exhaust and new decals

Completely agree with the economic argument and Bou's performance. But I'm still watching and waiting to see what the new model looks like ?.

Half of me wants to see something radical, half of me doesn't want to think that my 2016 model is old news.....the other half of me wants to buy a new 2019 300RR cheap when its essentially the same as a 2020!

With 3 models and a chunky price difference across the range, HRC do have scope to push the envelope a little, particularly with the 300RR. When you consider that many of the components are bought in units - forks and shock - Tech, Showa etc. - who have their own R&D and so some development opportunity comes from the supply chain. I also like that there are plenty of aftermarket upgrades around for the Mont - I think the HRC ethos encourages this.

I take comfort from the fact that the 300RR's shorty brake lever fits nicely on my bike and am saddened that an Italian exhaust manufacturer has whipped 1100 quid out of my pocket ?

Long may it continue.

• Haha 1

As above, really. I guess that until Bou starts struggling against the competition on the RR  (yeah, almost sounds funny, doesn't it?), HRC and Honda have no real incentive to push ahead with new model development.

I think that sales of the 260, 300 and 4-Ride are pretty stable, again making justification for a new model difficult financially... just imagine the return on investment that Honda is seeing now, so many years after the initial roll-out of the model range!

Interesting times for sure.

• Like 1