Does a 2000 rev 3 rear wheel fit a 98 techno?

Corky64

Hi,

I recently purchased a 98 techno with a few broken spokes on the rear wheel... No problem I thought as spokes are not normally an expensive fix... It turns out that for the Akront 18" 2.15 fitted to the techno you're looking at around £7 per spoke plus (for me living in Germany) £14 postage as trials and tribulations seem to be the only people who stock them. So with 10 broken spokes £90 is starting to seem a bit steep... Especially since you can pick up a used rev3 wheel for half that... I know the 99 techno had the same rear as the rev3 but will it fit a 98? Is it worth converting or is there a less expensive fix? Your help is much appreciated! 

Do you know what size spoke it is?  I am sure you should be able to get them easily somewhere without shipping them in from the UK.

Is this the one?  https://www.dherbeymoto.com/marchand/piece_detachee_p2.php?num_rubrique=4&num_type=134&num_produit=3712&page=piece&num_rub=4&type_recherche=moto

Click down to see what it fits.  1998 Techno 125/250.

Under two Euro.  How's your French?  I find these guys to be very helpful and knowledgable.  Or just order off the W3

We visited the shop on the way down to the coast last year.  It is huge and a very lovely place if you like trials bikes and everything that goes with them.  The missus wanted to try on some ladies' pants and virtually no one in the UK holds stock in female sizes.  We stayed overnight in Grenoble and drove through the mountains the next morning.  Totally stunning.  I am trying to find an excuse to go again this year.  Must be something we need?