Rickman montesa vr 1974

larry s. k.

Restoring a real barn find from eastern Washington , was stored for years like 20.30 years from one brother to another brother to a son , on Craigslist , was looking  for One for 2 Years ,  1200 cash delivered from eastern wash , ,, little rusty ,, wheels mainly , engine turned over ya ,  so after glazing at it for a while , started working to get it started ,  changed carb  gas tank  , engine turned over , new plug , oil in engine , fuel , and  I have a little nitro , started kicking , dam thing almost kicked my ne cap into handle bars  , it started   And ran was blowing oil from seal , out vent tube left engine , , Upon starting  I was  respecting , or fearing this monster , , was not like any other , lots of compression , timing advanced , hi rpm, , so I rebuilding this engine  , spent another 600. In parts , and short block for parts , parts came from Oregon  dealer on ebay  he was great delivery so    In  middle of engine rebuild , fix rusty wheels , just a short story , no problems , thanks for reading , larry

I

AB020E3C-BD2C-4179-AF38-437B0EE24AEB.jpeg

9A31FA65-B484-4AD0-9A08-ADC29ECAA5A5.jpeg

3BF63FC1-6322-4655-B988-F41C443240B8.jpeg

1E91B562-474B-4CAE-B42E-C2CC9CB10FA2.jpeg

CFD6F588-7793-43B5-86CA-2F215137B37F.jpeg

Edited by larry s. k.
Pictures

I raced on one for a couple of years though it was a '75 model so had the more powerful 'crinkle' fin engine which was at least 20mph faster than the rest of the bike. Worst problem was the hubs which had a great reputation but mine used to break spokes and the end would then gouge the hub lining

Hi  it’s all apart pic of gas tank original rust inside cap was almost locked on tag front frame and spare engine  , it’s boxed up so I don’t loose anything, will get to it this winter , larryLarry

Edited by larry s. k.