Parts Needed

NickMacro

I've not see any pistons for a while, there used to be the odd one on Italian ebay though I haven't checked recently. I sleeved mine down to 280cc as I had a scrap aprililia climber barrel and machined it to suit. There are more options for 76mm pistons than the 81mm for the 310. I was looking at an oversized RM400 item by an American manufacturer. Fitting the 250 barrel is not an easy option either.

Cycle parts are common to lots of bikes round that era, venhill do the cables, maico conrod will fit. Ignition is very similar to RL250 suzuki, i've interchanged coil and CDI, Electrix world do a replacement CDI and coil combined which is good value for money and I've used for some time. Kick start is same as early Gas Gas and Fantic 200 kickstart can be modified into a gear lever. It's worth changing the seal behind the flywheel, it's a standard item available from most bearing stockist and I think Amazon, it comes out fairly easily - no need to split engine. I'm running one of those PWK chinese copy carbs and inlet rubber and so far so good. My air filter was made to fit a Merlin and probably not available now