1994 Cota 314 Carb advice

DWW

Hello, new to this forum and have searched this subject but didn't find any info specific to my issue. Bike runs Ok on level and uphill but starves for fuel and quits on descents. It initially runs fine on downhill but after a few seconds runs out of fuel, pulling the choke lever brings it back to life. So, it looks to me like the float level is too low and as it runs downhill its burning off enough fuel to starve.  I've pulled the carb and checked the float level. Spec is 23.5 to 24.5 mm. It's currently at 26.1 mm. So the difference between actual and high side of spec is about 1/8" (old school). Thinking this is likely the issue but wondering if there is anything else i should be looking at while its apart. Pain to get access to the carb and hoping to only have to do it once. I did notice there is an O ring around what appears to be the passage for the main jet (?) or other. The O ring is in excellent condition as is the interior of the carb.

Anything else I should be looking at?

I Believe the carb is original its a Dellorto phbh26sd, I recently bought the bike so cannot be certain.