Replacement battery for 2017 Contact 250

GrahamM78

Hey all,

I picked up a 2017 GasGas Contact 250.  The battery won't turn over the motor reliably, I may get 1 revolution every 3 presses of the button, if the motor is cold. I am thinking it's the battery, there's a replacement one in there. I was trying to find the dimensions / specs of the original battery or folks recommenations for a replacement.   The ownes manual for the 2017 Contact doesn't actually have the battery or seat in it at all.

Here's what's in there, I cannot find an exact replacement for this, I suspect the size of the original may be a little different, the models in the replaces list all look a bit bigger.

what's in there: Power Thunder LFP7Z.   I measure as 4 3/16 x 3 9/16 x 2 1/4

Replaces: YTZ7S, YTX7A-BS, YB9L-AZ, YB9L-B, YB9A-AZ, YB9L-B, YB9A-A, YB9-B, 12N9-4B-1, 12N9-3A, 12N9-3B

And for those that might say who needs a battery, I actually had taken the seat / battery off, until I broke the kickstarter lever today, so I have no way to start at all right now..  I was using a charger on the Li-Ion battery though not a Lithium specific one, so I've ordering one of those as well.

Thanks in advance!

Update: my search is over but that's because I tried a suggestion of loosening my starter motor bolts to see if it was binding. sure enough it turned over great and my current battery appears fine.   I found out Earth battery that looked close, though actually quite a bit smaller in height / depth so I wonder if it would be strong enough.   Cheers!