Im Wanting A Trials Bike (help)

thumps

i dont have a clue about bike trials really i just have a mess about on my mountain bike but i do trials and it looks pretty much the same.anyway im looking to get a bike to have a bit of fun on but dont want to spend much money anyone got any ideas on what i should get as i say i dont have a clue.

You need to decide whether you want a 20"(similar wheelsize to a BMX) or 26"(similar wheelsize to a mountainbike).

The cheapest price you'll get new is about 150quid for a saracen 26"wheeled trials bike from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SARACEN-2-SIX-TRIALS...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Beta120690

I've ridden biketrials now for a long time and 26" wheeled bikes are easier to ride. You can pick up a trials pushbike for around 250 quid, but you'll find things are gonna break dead easy. the more you are willing to spend then the better the components!

I really wouldn't bother with a bike so cheap, if you can help it. I'm not saying they're bad, but they do require a fair bit of upgrading to get them anywhere near a 'decent' modern bike.

Fair enough, you do get your moneys worth, up to an extent, but the parts will be tacky (see onza B))

If you can afford to, go the few extra miles and get a bike with a reasonable set up. If you get a Da Bomb, it'll be about 2 months before you want to start upgrading everything on it which will all mount up in to the hundreds. If you can get the hundreds now, spend it and get a better bike.