Stiffer springs for the Marzocchi 40mm

Stu_Wallis

Hi,

im looking to fit some stiffer front springs to my 2012 Txt 300 Pro. I’m roughly 92kg in riding gear and finding finding I’m bottoming the forks out a lot. I’m struggling to find any. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 

• Like 1

Im surprised you need heavier, id say im about 90 kg and never bottomed them, then went to the techs and they are softer. Maybe the latter are more progressive. Anyways, jitsie used to make them, although don't list them on their site anymore. 

https://www.thehellteam.com/40mm-marzochhi-heavy-spring.html

Heres a link showing what they used to be, but sold out on this site. Maybe worth contacting jitsie

If you can't source any search for spring winders, most will make one offs to a specified rate. I think it cost me £35 last time and I had to post them an old spring so they could check the dimensions.

Also check your current spring, the rate might not be the problem it might have compressed below spec or it might have cracked.

22 hours ago, faussy said:

Im surprised you need heavier, id say im about 90 kg and never bottomed them, then went to the techs and they are softer. Maybe the latter are more progressive. Anyways, jitsie used to make them, although don't list them on their site anymore. 

https://www.thehellteam.com/40mm-marzochhi-heavy-spring.html

Heres a link showing what they used to be, but sold out on this site. Maybe worth contacting jitsie

Yes we have been trying to source these for some time. Off Road Action (Jitsie) used to stock them but haven't had anything for well over 18 months now. Probably can't see that supply returning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...