Majesty

pitley

Can't help with the original yellow paint code but it was quite a pale shade, bit like the Ossa Gripper shade. If you're not too bothered about the correct shade, paint code RAL1021 (or Number 3, depending on which powder coaters you use) is a richer, deeper yellow, like a Beamish and also is a good match for the yellow mudguards that are available (Gonelli, Stilmoto, Beta Rev 3 front, Pattern Yam rear in yellow) I know the guards were white originally but if you were thinking of doing it all yellow that paint code matches pretty well with those guards in yellow. The original paint shade would be too pale.

How are you getting along with the rebuild? Are you going for an original finish on it? Mine is nearly done but not in time for the opening round of the

Classic in Cornwall although I'm not too bothered about missing that one. It will be done for Bootle. See you at the show next week I imagine.

In response to another question, I think Majesty colour schemes were something along these lines;

Yamaha framed bikes - yellow frame, yellow tank/white guards red tank decals

Early Godden Framed bikes yellow frame, white tank/white guards yellow tank decals

Some Godden Framed bikes chrome or nickel plated frame (don't know which) white tank/white guards yellow tank decals

Last of the Godden framed bikes were red frames as Yamaha wanted them to be in what had become Yam corporate colours of red/white, white tank/white guards red tank decals. These also had no rear frame loop over the mudguard

This is not absolute and I could be wrong in part.

Rebuilding a rough test bike first, lowerd the pegs repaired the botch job on swing arm pivot so gonna try it out at our next trial. Which is on march 5th ( WYE VALLEY AC) so your welcome to bring the C15 or WHY if you are not doing the dommet trial. Finished colour will be Yellow frame,White guards and tank,red and blue decals. Similar to the bike on craig mawlams site which has seemed to have disipeared of the web!! Yes will be going to wrightys show should see you there. Cheers B)

Hey

My dad competed on a yellow/gold majesty quite a few years ago before i was born (well thats i lie he sold it when i was 6 months old). Below ia a picture i have found of the bike, i hope it helps. If you want more just PM me.

Scott

post-2116-1140443214.jpg

PS im unsure if its the same bike he resprayed but my dad also had a golden one majesty. I also have pics of that one just PM me.

Edited by scott_king