Which is what?

NoTraction

I’m just trying to get an understanding on the different competitions and what is related to what. As a relative noob I’m assuming most completions are run by the FIM?

So there’s European, National and International championships, 125cc championships, then there’s Trial 2 - I’m struggling to get my head around what leads into what or if they are all different ‘leagues’ or competitions in their own right? Then there’s various names trials, Wallace etc, are these one off events rather than multi event championships?

Could someone point out the structure so understand how it all fits together better please?

Can no one answer this? I’m just trying to get an understanding of the structure of national and international competitions so I can see the progression. Does a young rider compete by engine size due to age and then go European championship, Trial 2 and then Trial GP in succession of he’s good enough? Or is there regional followed by national followed by international progression? It would be great if someone could give me a brief explanation on how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Both are the correct.  I'm in the USA, but I think this is how it works in the UK? A UK rider can correct any errors I've made. Young riders compete first by wheel size, mostly on electric trials motorcycles. Usually you would start and the local club level, then your ACU Centre. If you are so inclined you can compete at the National level. A young rider would progress to an 80cc and then at a certain age ( I think 12) to a 125.They could compete locally, in a youth National Series, and in the 125 class in ACU Trial GB series. A very competent rider, might choose to compete in the FIM European Championship, and the the Trial GP FIM World Championship in the 125 class, from there at 17 or 18, they can progress to a larger capacity bike in Trial 2 and then Trial GP.

In the USA youth riders start the same, but can step up to any capacity bike at 12 or 13 years old.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nhuskys said:

Both are the correct.  I'm in the USA, but I think this is how it works in the UK? A UK rider can correct any errors I've made. Young riders compete first by wheel size, mostly on electric trials motorcycles. Usually you would start and the local club level, then your ACU Centre. If you are so inclined you can compete at the National level. A young rider would progress to an 80cc and then at a certain age ( I think 12) to a 125.They could compete locally, in a youth National Series, and in the 125 class in ACU Trial GB series. A very competent rider, might choose to compete in the FIM European Championship, and the the Trial GP FIM World Championship in the 125 class, from there at 17 or 18, they can progress to a larger capacity bike in Trial 2 and then Trial GP.

In the USA youth riders start the same, but can step up to any capacity bike at 12 or 13 years old.

Thank you, that makes it clearer. I think I get it now 👍