300rr mods

kingsampo

Hello. I am new, and I am old.... 

I have this 2017 Montesa that has been so great for me in these challenging times. I purchased it in Jan 2020... just before the lockdowns and all that went along with this pandemic.

I monkey with my bike regularly. It's stored in our family room (during cold Canadian winter months); I have a few mods that I'd like to share, and Ive got high hopes some other riders can do the same.  Before I go to bed and leave this chatty space, I can say this: when I first got my bike, I added a Honda XL175 kickstarter rubber to the kickstart lever. Oh you younger guys can laugh about it, but I occasionally take my brown dog poodle for a run down the driveway, and the Montesa starts just fine with a pair of Birkenstocks; I also added straight away a set of aluminum screen guards over the holes in the rear fender-- using Gorilla tape to fix the screens into place (it was intended to be for experiment; I was planning to use RTF or hot glue for proper adhesion, but the Gorilla tape remains lol!!).

I mixed Testor's red enamel model paint with individual drops of white enamel paint to get perfect match of Honda red. That was a piece of cake, since the Honda red is really basic.

I fitted a Termignoni muffler to the absolute creme de la creme Mitani header pipe...keeps the expansion area as large as possible after exiting the engine before entrance to silencer. Took a bit of finangling at my machine shop, and I must say the Termignoni support staff were not "supportive" lol. I am now fidgeting with the super-looking Mitani side stand---not happy with how it slaps the side of the swing arm....

I guess that's for another day. Kingsampo OUT

(((PICS TO FOLLOW if anyone is interested... just have together one of my kids to show me how to upload pics to this place)))

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

18 hours ago, kingsampo said:

Hi. I am unsure if this still works. let me know if you received this message

Seeing your post, just not pictures.  Hope you have some good ones to post up. 

Edited by jonnyc21