Motorbikes In Houses

essex rider

For a little fun i think we should see who can get their motorbike furthest into their house (clean of course so then no traces of it afterwards) and get a photo of it.

i decided this as i rode my bike into the living room through the french windows (dad went mad!! :) )

next stop upstairs!! :hyper:

winner of best photo wins a prize but what could it be..........?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry boys,

I think i have you all beaten without trying.

When my dad came back to trials in the mid 70's after a 10 yr gap the new Bultaco got to live in the big KITCHEN CUPBOARD :)

Workshop maintenance took place in the kitchen once the table and chairs had ben moved out, "Linklife chainlube"(no spray can stuff back then) did stink for a few days afterwards though....

If I can find a picy, I'll post it on here later.

Andy, If this is a comp, I'll gladly accept my prize

My dad told me about his friend, when he had a motorcross in the 80's,

his friend asked his mum if he could work on his bike in his room. :) she thought he meant push bike so said that he could,

And what did he do ? rode is motorcross straight up the stairs and to his bedroom, she hit the roof apparently ! :hyper:

Mat

My dad told me about his friend, when he had a motorcross in the 80's,

his friend asked his mum if he could work on his bike in his room.  :)  she thought he meant push bike so said that he could,

And what did he do ? rode is motorcross straight up the stairs and to his bedroom, she hit the roof apparently !  :D

Mat

:hyper: :hyper: :D:D:hyper:

There is a local rider with a 315 Montesa which takes pride of place in his kitchen - he reckons in the salubrious area he lives in its safer to keep the bike in the house and since its his house his wife aint any choice.

Then again I know of a Harris Suzuki in a house in the same estate and have heard of some RC30's and 45's along with several vintage bikes in houses.

I have 2 bikes in the loft along with a few engines and rebuilt a couple of bikes in the loft in the last couple of years - its fun trying to lower a vintage bike down through an attic hatch while trying not to damage the paint or your mothers wallpaper!.

Edited by g4321

You know it makes sense!! biggrin.gif

Well the garage it could go in is rather full of 'projects' at the moment.

Me I have no space left for another bike and worse than that have no bikes in bits to work on at the moment. :)

Living in a terrace house with a 12 x12 kitchen i kept a yamaha xtz dakar replica and a bantam pre 65 trials bike tucked neatly behind the kitchen table

they lived there for 3 years (which was longer than any of my girlfriends of the time)

but I can probably be beaten by my 'former' brother in law who lived in a pig pen for a couple of years in a tent made from plastic sheet whilst he ran a car restoration business from the barn 0n a friends farm