2022 Beta Evo Fan Always Running

master68

On a new bike the fan often cuts in early and runs a while, but it is unusual to run a long time.  First thing, is it full of coolant -insufficient coolant could keep it going. Attached is my check for the cooling system. 

It is also possible that the thermostat is faulty, or that there is a short in the wiring and if so you dealer or Beta UK would supply one under warranty. 

If it is full of coolant and circulating there is plenty of cooling capacity.

In the central frame space with he mudguard removed you can see all the connectors.  The thermostat connector has two black wires from the thermostat and the control side has one black and one red/black wire. 

Let us know what you find!

Beta EVO Cooling System Check.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, master68 said:

Need you thoughts. 2022 Beta Evo 250

Factory fan won’t shut off. Frustrating 

because bike has only 1 hour on it.

Hi, Check your gearbox oil level through the inspection window. My new 22 300 factory bike was over heating and the fan was on all the time after only a few hours of running in, It turned out that the crank seal was not sat right and was using up gear oil. Its worth checking just in case its the same issue.

2 hours ago, mightychub said:

Hi, Check your gearbox oil level through the inspection window. My new 22 300 factory bike was over heating and the fan was on all the time after only a few hours of running in, It turned out that the crank seal was not sat right and was using up gear oil. Its worth checking just in case its the same issue.

My 2022 Factory ejected it's countershaft seal...talk about using up gear oil 🙄

• Sad 1

I have a mint condition Beta Techno 250. I installed a High volume water pump impeller kit. I use a coolant called engine ice and added approx 1 oz redline water wetter. I have a sticker on the engines jug that shows the engines temp. The fan comes rarely comes on now. When it does, the sticker shows 158 F - 70 C.   This is a wonderful bike. The front end is quite a bit more heavy than the 2020 scorpa 300. The old Beta feelsreally "planted" on tight rough goat trails.  Its a keeper bike. 

On 6/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, unospeeder said:

My 2022 Factory ejected it's countershaft seal...talk about using up gear oil 🙄

I think the first batch of 2022 factory bikes were rushed out, I now have a super load clutch like a gear selector is rattling. Will be ringing the shop again. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, overdale said:

On a new bike the fan often cuts in early and runs a while, but it is unusual to run a long time.  First thing, is it full of coolant -insufficient coolant could keep it going. Attached is my check for the cooling system. 

It is also possible that the thermostat is faulty, or that there is a short in the wiring and if so you dealer or Beta UK would supply one under warranty. 

If it is full of coolant and circulating there is plenty of cooling capacity.

In the central frame space with he mudguard removed you can see all the connectors.  The thermostat connector has two black wires from the thermostat and the control side has one black and one red/black wire. 

Let us know what you find!

Beta EVO Cooling System Check.pdf 562.88 kB · 41 downloads

Just wanted to add to this post I ended up with a brand new bike from the shop, the noise was that bad they could not work out what the issue was so gave me the last 300 they had. Anyway started running it in and this one too lost the gear box oil but thankfully I noticed before it lost too much.....so back to the shop I went my local Beta dealer is over 1 hour away so was getting a bit sick of going back and forth so they did it while I waited, it turned out to be another crank seal gone, talk about disappointment is an understatement. 

They did the seal and off home I went bike was running great no more issues with the engine. On the second ride out my headstock started to get super tight so took it apart to find NO grease at all in there so on finding this I took the swinging arm out to check and the first thing I came across was a snapped bolt off the dog bone to frame it was stuck inside the bush what a job getting it out and then one of the bushes was stuck to the long bolt that goes dog bone to swinging arm.....NO grease again in any of the bearings so instead of taking the bike back I rang the shop the parts came next day and I did it myself, at least I knew it was done right.

I have been out for a good session the other day and the bike is now how it should have been out of the factory but Beta really need to step up their game because at this rate am going to try and different bike. All the lads I ride with have TRS and not one of them has had an issue what so ever and they can not believe the problems I have had, This should not be happening this day and age and I have just found out that the price is going up at the end of the year. I have been a Beta rider on and off since I was 23 am now 60, I love their bikes they just ride great and I've done well on them over the years it will be a shame that they will lose a good customer because I have had nothing back from Lampkins imports about my grievance's and they use to jump on stuff like this....sad very sad

Is this company just pulling anyone off the streets thats still vertical to assemble ? ?   Folks please look at the Covid shot bottles serial numbers before being injected. never let them inject when the last numbers are 1 or 2. ask for a bottle that the shot code ends in zero.  thats just a saline solution.   -- just saying-------------------------------------------------------------------------------  no bull sh#t.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sad, would inquire if the dealer and import could make this right and exchange the bike for another, that is hopefully...non-defective or even take it back and return funds. Then they can try to fix it at their leisure. For goodness sakes a guy buys a brand new bike to avoid all this nonsense. Good luck  

On 7/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, magnapoxy said:

Is this company just pulling anyone off the streets thats still vertical to assemble ? ?   Folks please look at the Covid shot bottles serial numbers before being injected. never let them inject when the last numbers are 1 or 2. ask for a bottle that the shot code ends in zero.  thats just a saline solution.   -- just saying-------------------------------------------------------------------------------  no bull sh#t.

I would not inject any of that **** in me at all, I've already lost one family member who had his 2nd shot and my Cuz's daughters husband who is 42 had his 2nd one and had mutli organ shut down and is now riddled with blood clots, he now needs 24 hour care.....the whole thing was a scam from the start. Really funny how no one even talks about it anymore but it was on everyones lips for 2 years