John

Jwm

Hi, I have a 2013 Scorpa sr 280! Starts no problem & idles fine, but when you give it throttle it bogs out and has intermittent revs. New cdi, stators been checked and it’s fine, carbs checked and clean, new air filter, piston / rings all good. Am at a serious loss as to what’s going on!! Any help most appreciated.

Hi! It’s a front mounted tank! Main bearings and seals all good. Bikes been checked over by 2 different garages and they can’t see any issues with anything!! I have been told to try an iridium spark plug an shorten the gap by .5mm, so waiting on that arriving🤞🤞🤞 if no I’m completely stumped!!

14 hours ago, lineaway said:

The 2013 has the rear mounted tank?

Are you thinking of the Sherco?

Anywho, in other news if an iridium plug fixes it then it must have a weak spark, so that's at least easier to dig into for an answer.  I'm guessing you already did sanity checks for old rags left in the airbox or intake? (I've done that before, lol)

If it starts and idles fine, the stator and gap are likely ok.

"Carb checked and clean" is where I'd back track. Have you confirmed the correct jet size, needle position? Off idle your looking at the air screw and needle clip position.

jet.jpg

Edited by UG_ALLSTAR
  • Like 1