Sherco Mods

dale

I wouldn't bother with a kehin as the dellorto set up is very reliable and unless you are always feeling like you want more power (I doubt it) I always liked Boyesen reeds, a VX plug, make sure you have a 33 pilot, swap carb top bolts for 4mm llen head (not thread) change the air filter the same to 4mm (then a 4mm allen takes the lot off, keyhole the radiator cowl bottom clips, make a new clutch hose, modify a montasa disc gaurd to fit, fat bars , is that 10???

to improve power you could put a keihin carb on it i think, polish the ports, put a high compression head on, different gearing, run race gas and many other things which im sure people will add which will make it alot more powerful

Every single bike has them and for our gas, super unleaded petrol 98r0n(?) it really is spot on, or very close. Everywhere in the uk is at sealevel in real terms as well so altitude never plays a part.

IF there seems to be one thing which seperates the UK and USA trials communities then its our lack of carb fiddling and jet changing. In fact 99% of riders never change jets and 1% never adjust the carb mixture or tickover ever.

What is the altitude of the TTC by the way?

Thanks Nigel, I'm not sure about TTC's elevation but I'll look.

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'll try to remember to look at my GPS.

The reason I was wondering about the pilot jet is because of a strange problem I'm having with my 2.5. After it's warm if you let it sit for about 5 minutes it doesn't want to start back, sometime chokeing works, sometimes it doesn't and you have to kick your butt off. I'm wondering about the pilot jet being right. It seems to be fine other wise.

i have figgured that im going to be out of riding for a bit andsaw that my tyers were getting round and my sprockets are going.

what is the better one to replace as i dont get money that easy

Get the chain/sprockets. You can ride until the tyres bald, but at some point the chain and sprockets will cause you problems.

i found this out the hard way when i brought my fantic and didnt check them before i rode off. This was the first trials bike i ever had and i tried a steep short climb and the chain turned on the sprocket and i fell back down :blink::P;)

Change it before this happens (it hurts and sounds terrible)

I have a talon radialite sprocket on my bike and its still fine and i brought my bike last year!!!