The Future Of Wtc ?

adsy

I have just been looking at the FIM site. It appears that there are only 30 riders registered to ride the full WTC!!

At least 4 of those will not be riding the full series, or any at all, being Jarvis, Kuroyama, Connor and Colley and there is also the US guy Florin, I don't now whether he is going to ride any, other than the US round.

That leaves us with a maximum no of 25 riders!!!! ;)

Say in one or two years time, when Lampkin & and maybe a few others decide to hang up their boots, who's going to be left, & what sort of Championship!!

Its not that long ago that there were 50 plus riders & any rider that managed to score points had to work B***dy hard to get them. I was talking to Crosser who managed a 14th place onceover & got two points,& Ben Hemmo who is a damn good rider, never managed a point. Nowadays, if your a half decent rider you only have to get into the top 60% or so to score points, & that percentage is going down.

Whats the solution? What can the FIM do to attract riders back into the full Outdoor WTC?? Is the WTC getting too elitist, as their are only the top five that are capable of riding the sections properly. They need to do somthing or we will be left with a very diluted World Championship. :P

What are your thoughts? :blink:

I think finance has as much to do with it as skill level... about the only federation that really makes an effort is the Spanish one. Imagine having to fund taking yourself, minder, couple of bikes and spares to all these rounds.... and back. Plus it would need some days off work for the minders and riders who aren't full time.....

Like they used to do when they had entries of 70/80 riders.

Make sections more flowing and not so technical maybe?. I strongly admire the skill on display by these guys but at Hawkstone the hill climbs were the ones I watched. You know what to expect from the technical ones so they dont have that level of excitement ;) But watching them tackle the massive hill climbs was very exciting to watch I thought.(And the sound of the 4rt - sweet :blink: ) It must have been the case for most other people coz the area around sections 7 / 8 were heaving all day :D

otherwise maybe limit the engine power of the machines to bring what they can do down closer to the masses to give more of the other riders a chance.

just some thoughts :P

But with the Junior & Youth world Championships there are more than 15 riders competing at each round.

The main world championship is supported by these class's and i can't see anything wrong with that.

The worlds top riders are class above everyone, and if you put them alongside national standard riders it just would'nt work.

The only improvement you could make would be to do away with all this age thing and run championships according to ability instead of age, a bit like the football. :P

Poll dancing stripers at each section & and free beer would also be another great step forward :blink:

Make sections more flowing and not so technical maybe?. I strongly admire the skill on display by these guys but at Hawkstone the hill climbs were the ones I watched. You know what to expect from the technical ones so they dont have that level of excitement ;) But watching them tackle the massive hill climbs was very exciting to watch I thought.(And the sound of the 4rt - sweet :blink: ) It must have been the case for most other people coz the area around sections 7 / 8 were heaving all day :D

otherwise maybe limit the engine power of the machines to bring what they can do down closer to the masses to give more of the other riders a chance.

just some thoughts  :P

On the basis of loose Hawkstone style hill climbs Marc Friexa would be World Champ. :wall: