2017 txt300 - CDI sourcing

Kevcn

Hi Folks,

I have a 2017 txt300. I'm trying to source a CDi unit (ET51100CT-CJD-1and cannot source one anywhere. Gasgas are "waiting" for stock since last may! Is there an other options here or has anyone else in the same boat. 

I'm pretty sure that they are year/part no. sensitive as I have tested ones from different years and they don't run properly. it possible to repair. Any or all suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Kev.

Not what you want to hear but these were known as hard to source 18 months ago. Your only hope may be to source a good 2nd hand one. A longshot could be to try allens used trials spares

Edited by faussy
  • Thanks 1

If you get desperate an Ignitech may be the solution send them an email. It would likely be a rewire and a DCCDIP2.  you would have to find space for it and run a DC charging cct.  This may sound difficult to the uninitiated but a pretty average auto sparky could manage it.  My only concern is that you have to have enough power from  the AC stator lighting coils.  On an enduro bike this is no problem.   Maybe road legal TXT kit means the stator could handle it.

You'd fit a generic scooter or bigger dirtbike rectifier regulator and a 25v capacitor about 2200uf or larger to replicate the battery.   

This might be simpler model.

https://www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/dccdi/dccdi.htm

Send them an email.  

Edited by F5Dave
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with finding one/ We have had 6 CDI's in the last 14 months on a 2021 GG 125. We have tried everything to stop them breaking down or WHY they were failing.

Even had to carry a spare in case it failed during a Championship round. Let's hope the 2022 is better or the Granddaughter is changing onto a different make for her competitions.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, johnsandywhite said:

Good luck with finding one/ We have had 6 CDI's in the last 14 months on a 2021 GG 125. We have tried everything to stop them breaking down or WHY they were failing.

Even had to carry a spare in case it failed during a Championship round. Let's hope the 2022 is better or the Granddaughter is changing onto a different make for her competitions.

the CDI hasnt changed between 21 & 22 and its the same as the TRS.

i suspect its a rectifier thats causing your issues not regulating the current to the CDI or a bad wire in the loom between CDI and stator. 

its normal to maybe have 1 go but certainly not 1 every 2 months. my current CDI is nearly 3 years old...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Strutty said:

i suspect its a rectifier thats causing your issues not regulating the current to the CDI or a bad wire in the loom between CDI and stator. 

its normal to maybe have 1 go but certainly not 1 every 2 months. my current CDI is nearly 3 years old...

We have actually put it down to the wires and joints getting wet then sitting in a cold damp Van to and from a Trial. But it still cost us 6 x CDI's.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, Strutty said:

The first one was actually replaced by John Shirt under warranty after they went over it like a dose of salts. But they refused to have the bike back after the second one went down.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:03 AM, Strutty said:

Mine in my Gasser is 11 years old, my bikes live in rarely heated sheds and I do ride in the rain and snow. I have never had a CDI problem on any of my bikes in the last 30 years. I suspect something is cooking the cdi, not just moisture.

• 5 months later...