New EM app

nacho73

It would appear it only works on the 2024 ePure Comp.  From "About this app"...

With the app, you can:

- Customize your bike's settings to match performance to the terrain and your riding style. By adjusting the throttle, regenerative braking, power, or activating the TKO function, you can create your own riding style.

- See all your bike's important data live: battery level, engine speed, map engaged. Your smartphone becomes a real dashboard

- Lock your bike. Prevent your bike from being used at the touch of a button.

- Access historical data such as the number of riding hours or battery cycles.

- Contact sales or after-sales service directly from the app.

- Read the latest news from the EM community

Compatible model:
- 2024 Epure COMP
Edited by konrad

I don't have a compatible bike (😪) but I decided to download the iPhone version of the app anyway, just to have a poke around. When I tried to sign-up I found that it won't accept UK phone numbers. When you click to select country (rather than using the phone's default) UK isn't there. I tried switching to Spain and it tried to send the confirmation text message but obviously I don't actually have a Spanish phone account. Something of an omission there Mr EM.

14 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I don't have a compatible bike (😪) but I decided to download the iPhone version of the app anyway, just to have a poke around. When I tried to sign-up I found that it won't accept UK phone numbers. When you click to select country (rather than using the phone's default) UK isn't there. I tried switching to Spain and it tried to send the confirmation text message but obviously I don't actually have a Spanish phone account. Something of an omission there Mr EM.

Our 2021 is not compatible either...

You could go for this option: https://www.ringover.co.uk/virtual-number-spain

1 hour ago, ChrisCH said:

Our 2021 is not compatible either...

You could go for this option: https://www.ringover.co.uk/virtual-number-spain

I could, but not really worth it for just looking around. But my main point is that EM have included such hotbeds of trials as Israel and Romania yet excluded the UK (and USA). Why exclude any country? Have we upset the French again? 😆

I'm not sure the USA is actually excluded.  Google Play auto-detected my location and I was able to load the app on an Android phone (but not an Android tablet).  I was not willing to give EM my phone number just for a "look-around."  You can get a pretty good idea what the app does from the sample screens.

My real curiosity is about the hardware.  The 2023 controller has a different part number than earlier models.  I'm wondering if Bluetooth capability has been integrated into the controller or if an external dongle will be required?  The controller has a 3-pin CAN bus connector and a 4-pin USB connector that are presently unused.

My guess is that for marketing reasons EM will only make it available on the 2024 Comp model for now, and then possibly make it available to other models later.

I also wonder if the present exclusions have to do with working out data privacy or other legal issues for certain counties?

Edited by konrad

• 3 months later...