Txt 250 gear noise…

Paolo_k

Hi everybody,

I’m paolo, enduro rider and I’ve just purchased my first trial bike, a second hand gg 250 txt ‘21.
long story short: gear is very noisy when shifting 4-5 gear… I would say it seems grinding a bit in some cases. All other shifts are smooth (also 5-4) and the bike seems to run very well. I’ve read a lot of posts on this topic but it’s still unclear to me if I have to be worried or not (nearest mechanic is 100 km far…) and in case which is the right technique to adopt in order to minimise this issue…

thanks everyone for your help 

p

The way the GG gearbox works there will always be a noticebale clunk going from 4th to 5th, moreso than the other gears. Hard to tell without seeing/hearing it whether you are just noticing what is standard or its more than whats standard. I always change to 5th low in the rev range, never above half throttle, otherwise you can sometimes get grinding

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Hola Paulo, I would add that if you only just bought the bike it's worth changing the oil, even if the previous owner says they did it.

Where are you?

Hi turbofurball, thanks for the advice, sure I’ll do it, I’m from Italy.

ciao

p