How Much Section "rebuilding" Should Be Allowed?

old trials fanatic

"Let me guess. Bonsall quarry section 9."

Damn i've been rumbled. Must get a new disguise.

Enjoyied meself on Sunday. You do get a different viewpoint when observing. Just found it interesting to watch the way some riders reccy a section.

As long as people arent too blatant i see it as part of the sport. Not strictly legit but always been there. Just makes me laugh, inside as some of them are bigger than me, how some guys take a good old swing with the boot whilst others seem to shuffle their way through.

Wasnt having a go at anybody in particular but do agree with most of the comments. It has always amazed me how some of the "names" get away with it.

Dont know about "kickers" for logs though. Perhaps i'm too old for that :blink:

Wonder if my opinion will change when i'm back on the bike and suddenly start "shuffleing" myself :D

Also true that i dont think it made much difference to the section in question as most got through with cleans all day or just the odd couple of marks lost, mostly a dab or two, if you got off line. Then again i'm biased as i have always liked sections like that. Ones that reward precision every lap. Dont know if i'll say that either when the bikes finished.

Looking forward to getting back in the groove and the club in question seemed a nice bunch and sections were testing but not bike breakers. Probably wont say that when i get back riding. ;)

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Thanks for the explanation surely placing a rock in front of an obsticle to make it easier to ride over has GOT to be cheating :blink:

Perhaps with a little more effort you could build a ramp like the Egyptians did to build the pyramids? :D

My own slant on all this is that clubs struggle to find land suitable to hold a trial on. When they find some land they organbise an event and lay out suitable sections for the type of bikes and riders they hope to attract. You use whatever is available on land which is a shrinking resource anyway. A lot of terrain is not suitable now as the bikes have got that good that there are not obsticles sufficiently tough enough to test them.

Then the riders are allowed to make the section easier? ;)

Surely the natural evolution of all this is ever bigger and more dangerous sections that are then "modified" by the riders that then need "minders" to further make the sections easier so their hero's can ride them and are there to catch the bike should the "hero" loose control because the sections are so dangerous :(

Err someone should make a stand.

Remember back in the dark ages before most of you were born taking part in "time and observation trials" a regular feature in this centre. Also time limits were much tighter than now. You only had time for a cursory look to see where the section went then you rode it. Otherwise you went OTL. Sections could then be made slightly easier with more choices of line, wider, seemed to work.

Just a thought but if you have a choice of lines and less time then you havent got time or the inclination to "roadbuild" :P

This idea of "kickers" just seems wrong to me. But then again IKBA with honors :D

Edited by Old trials fanatic