Not sure if anyone has ever heard of this or done it but . . .

Layne

I thought I'd pass on a bit of wisdom about riding a trials bike with a fan. And most trials bikes these days have a radiator, fan and cooling system. When I was riding my Gas Gas hard during competition of course things would heat up. Sometimes you don't have time to look down and see if your fan on your bike is running. So what I did was paint a white dot on every other fan blade on the part of the blade facing you as you look in at it. Then when the fan is running you will see a white line in the center of the fan while it's spinning and you will know right away that your fan is on and working. So you are riding and focused on the sections. You don't want to worry at all about equipment failure, you just have to glance down at your fan real quick to see the white blurry line inside your fan area to know it is spinning. The photo below is from the fan on my own 1992 Gas Gas GT25 Contact. Notice the white dots on the fan blades. My bike is above it and I used to look into the opening on the front side cover to see the fan. Just some helpful information to pass along to other trials riders.       Layne 

Motor tank right side-smaller.jpg

white marks on fan.jpg

Edited by Layne
the pictures didn't come out the way I worded the text once I hit the submit button.
  • Like 3