Just dropped the oil on my new purchase

jaegerhunter

After dwelling on the forum for a while and bargain hunting, Purchased a 2008 beta rev3250 , loads of trick bits on it , but the "CLUTCH" isn't working , or so I was told , anyhow dropped the oil this morning and it's mud brown ( obviously water in crankcase ) . Then I look at the oil drain plug and ouch I realised what I've got involved with !! 

Spoiler
Spoiler

( sorry can't remove the spoiler box ) 

Any guesses what I'm going to find inside the casings ? 

20231022_095759.jpg

By the way, water in your oil usually shows as being milky or opaque, black particles generally indicate burning oil in the clutch aka somebody was slipping the clutch lots under high revs.  You can slip the clutch lots but keep the revs down or it burns the oil between the plates.

Im 52 had bikes my whole life and always done my own spannering , so I won't be so much learning how to split engine cases as I will be learning how much beta parts are !! 

Anyhow good news is piston and barrel are like new , no play on the Conrod , slight play on the needle bearings/gudgeon pin.

Couldn't split the cases as I was unable to find my magneto puller or my 2 leg puller , so have to wait a few days .

Oh and the water pump seal was like a piece of stone , not much sealing happening . So at least thats a obvious pathway the water used ..

Thanks for any advice , I'll post some more photos when I get the gear shafts out , don't think it's gonna be pretty 

• Like 1

Beta parts are expensive enough, the castings, metals and plastics are not as good as some, my riding partner trashes them regularly but he likes the way they perform.  

Oh, and everything is on the wrong side 🤔 which for me makes it near impossible to start.