Boot Dryer

trapezeartist

I have wanted a boot dryer for ages. There are dozens of different sorts online but the only ones that possibly appealed to me were very expensive, and I still couldn't be sure they would be right when they arrived. So finally I made my own, which saved some money, exactly fits my requirements and it was satisfying to make something rather than just flashing my card.

The hair dryer was under £10 from Argos and I'm running it on low setting. The rest is 40mm waste pipe. The four-way joint was the only way I could get an equal tee-piece so the fourth opening is sealed with a piece of plywood.

When it's running there's just a gentle waft of warm air coming out of the boots. None of the plastic parts get warmer than slightly warm to the touch. Likewise the inside of the boots.

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here's mine. Wireway rack with three muffin fans - two facing up (one under the helmet, one blowing through two PVC pipe sections supporting the gloves), one facing down for the boots. Powered by a timer. I set it for four hours and forget it. 

Dryer.JPG

• Like 2

I think you could change it if you wanted to. 

It looks like you have glued the drier to the outside of the 4-way, you could cut the 4-way just in front of the nozzle of the drier and re-attach with an inch long piece pipe on the inside of the 4-way. so it would be invisible.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, richt said:

I think you could change it if you wanted to. 

It looks like you have glued the drier to the outside of the 4-way, you could cut the 4-way just in front of the nozzle of the drier and re-attach with an inch long piece pipe on the inside of the 4-way. so it would be invisible.

Good point, though I don't think I'll bother. It's not that big an issue. I think the next mod will be to add a few small holes near the ankle and at the top of the boots as I noticed the lining at the top didn't dry as fast as the foot.