Front brakes 2015 sherco

misterroy

All the best for 2014.

I bought a 2015 Sherco this December. Took it home and went up a nearby hill, no problem. 

It was in the back of the van overnight. I took it out, started it and rode about 200M down the road before the front brakes stopped me.

A bit of forwards and backwards, and they were freed enough to get home. 

About a week later, the brakes stopped me again.

Both of these days were cold, 0 to 5 °C..

When I got home, I pushed the pistons in, pulled the brake, etc.

The front brake was fine on the next spin, but it was warmer.

Is it a temperature problem?

Have had the brakes start dragging bad enough to stop if the clutch was pulled in on a downhill slope while on a trials bike only trail ride, was expecting it to be time to rebuild the calipers but replacing the fluid fixed it in the front, rear brake was also in need of new pads as they were pretty well worn. 

I'd start with pushing the pistons back in the caliper, replacing the fluid & pads if they're worn

@misterroy You may have a front brake lever that has no free play causing the brakes to drag then the heat build up expands the fluid and it cannot return to the expansion tank IE the brake reservoir which then uses the brake calliper as its route to expand and applies the brakes. Make sure you have free play of about 1 mm  between the lever and the little metal plunger that goes into the rubber boot at the Brake reservoir that is clamped  on the handlebar.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tr1AL said:

@misterroy You may have a front brake lever that has no free play causing the brakes to drag then the heat build up expands the fluid and it cannot return to the expansion tank IE the brake reservoir which then uses the brake calliper as its route to expand and applies the brakes. Make sure you have free play of about 1 mm  between the lever and the little metal plunger that goes into the rubber boot at the Brake reservoir that is clamped  on the handlebar.

This happened to me when I got my first trials bike. I've always been obsessive (on karts and racing cars) about having a short-travel hard pedal so I adjusted the bike's brakes the same way. I went out for my first practice, twice around the car park and I fell off! The front brake had locked up. Very embarrassing.😳

12 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

This happened to me when I got my first trials bike. I've always been obsessive (on karts and racing cars) about having a short-travel hard pedal so I adjusted the bike's brakes the same way. I went out for my first practice, twice around the car park and I fell off! The front brake had locked up. Very embarrassing.😳

Most people do these kind of things if they are honest , I make lots of mistakes daily when I already know better its frustrating but at least we rarely make the mistakes more than twice , hopefully. Have a good evening.