Trailers

chipy

YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE do excellent floor supports for your wheels to tie to check their front page advert

Used to use a van and simply bolted three lashing eyes (available from anu local hardware store, B+Q etc) into the back for straps.

One was down by the front wheel, then the other two were either side just below the handle bar level, these provided excellent positions for supporting the bike.

Note- the one by the front wheel is important because it stops the tyre sliding sideways and reducing the tension on the straps going to the bars.

I used too have a trailer well it was my dad`s but we converted it so the back slid out then we put a `U` channel for the front wheel too sit in and then put some hook type tie down points in each corner of the trailer and there you have it a multi-purpose trailer. The other option of course instead of using the `U` channel is you could cut out a slot for the wheel to sit into this would probably be a little more stable

Hope this helps

Barry

I may have one in my shed.Watch this space.

Here it is.You can have it for the price of postage if youre interested.

I used this in a box trailer i used to have.Just roll the bike in the gap then you need to tie downs .job done.

Steve

post-1965-1141982802.jpg

Edited by gasgasssser