2023 Factory Forks Adjustment

brianrch

So I have a 2023 Factory and when I went to verify the fork setting there is not a compression adjuster at the bottom of the left fork leg, just a hex head. Any idea about this? 

I thought top right fork tube was rebound, left top was spring, and left bottom was compression but there is only a hex head

8 hours ago, brianrch said:

So I have a 2023 Factory and when I went to verify the fork setting there is not a compression adjuster at the bottom of the left fork leg, just a hex head. Any idea about this? 

I thought top right fork tube was rebound, left top was spring, and left bottom was compression but there is only a hex head

Bottom left fork on a 23 Factory is supposed to have a small flat blade screw driver slot in the centre of the nut style lower fork leg fixing bolt that adjusts the compression damping , if there is no central adjuster in the centre of that fixing then you must have a cheaper version of the fork fitted to your bike, If you bought it second hand then perhaps a previous owner swapped the original Factory forks for something else.

Perhaps it is covered with dirt or silicone sealant ?

Edited by Tr1AL

On 1/28/2024 at 10:56 PM, Tr1AL said:

Bottom left fork on a 23 Factory is supposed to have a small flat blade screw driver slot in the centre of the nut style lower fork leg fixing bolt that adjusts the compression damping , if there is no central adjuster in the centre of that fixing then you must have a cheaper version of the fork fitted to your bike, If you bought it second hand then perhaps a previous owner swapped the original Factory forks for something else.

Perhaps it is covered with dirt or silicone sealant ?

Purchased new, a couple weeks ago and I thought it should be exactly as you described. I need to look into this further. 

15 hours ago, brianrch said:

really?? wow!

TRS got rid of Adam Raga to save money it must be even worse at BETA if they have to quit using an adjuster on a fork. They could of afforded to fit it if they just got rid of the red anodised finish. Quite sad really unless it was a supply issue on the line during assembly , if this was the case then they should have had this as a free to first owners on request item when stock became available. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, brianrch said:

Thank you for the information. Crazy their spec sheet says 3 way adjustable and then they do that.

Personally I think it is a bit devious , the Beta Factory should have a Factory spec fork or its not really a Beta Factory is it. I would be calling John Lampkin to voice my displeasure. Just goes to show you have to check everything that you are expecting a product to include is actually there because of course they 'reserve the right to change the specifications without notice at any time'. Spend your money somewhere else next time out. If you are going to buy that part ask for a 50% discount as they only gave you 50% of what you thought you were buying on that side of that fork assembly 

Edited by Tr1AL

19 hours ago, nhuskys said:

OP is in the USA, so he needs to take it up with Tim Pilg of Beta USA. I'm sure his dealer will help him out. 

He needs to take it up with someone because if no one does anything in a couple of years time the Factory will just be a standard bike with FACTORY colours and stickers , everything else will be a separate purchase.