Scorpa - Engine Query

nitjay - hrc

Ive just bought an 04 Sy250,

I was wondering which fuel mixture to run it on, it was previously run on 50:1. I was wondering what you guys would recommend. Is there any other things that i should watch out for when maintaining this bike?

Also i know that on the frames of Sys they tend to get rub marks where boots rub against the frame, as the frame is in blue i can always touch this up, however have any of you found another way of protecting the frame, e.g. putting carbon fibre type bits to help protect it.

Thanks a lot guys, any tips for a first time Scorpa owner would be great.

Nj

Edited by Nitjay - HRC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its in pretty good condition, flat sump guard, waterpump guard, rad guard, could do with new back tyre and a few other little personal bits and bobs (bar ends for instance.) I think the owner is on this site somewhere! Unfortunately though i will not be able to ride it on proper ground for about three weeks!

for protecting the frame where your boots rub use some thick clear sticky stuff( think tecnosel?). heat it up with a hair dryer before you put it on then it will stick a lot better and water doesnt get behind it either :angry:

Some is and some isnt. It will normally be in smaller lengths if it is thick stuff. Ask the seller about thickness and he shouls tell you as for a link here it is

Its so cheap you could buy it and make a couple of layers with it to bulk up the thickness

Hey good choice dude!, i use 70-1 which is about 71ml to 5 litres (or is it cc,s oops!) and put technosel stickie carbon on the frame all the way from the foot pegs to the tank.

dont take the round black electrical thing off if you take the lights off it stops the fan working!! as i learnt...dur!, fit the 06 rear mudguard you will pull more chicks that way !! ok it just looks better ! and the stock pegs are fragile even i managed to bust one! put grease on the rear mudguard and silicon on the airbox top so that when they touch they dont stick and this makes a seal against water just remember to leave a gap at the front for air!, i find all of the above work fine for me ! oh and a slow action throttle works good too. :P:D

DFW and bigfoot should know the rest they are pretty clued up :P:D:D

(and if you really must like pink a pink frame would look cool and be a nod to the old ty pinkie too!! good eh! :angry: )

Edited by lastplacebrad

then fun fun fun :P:D

I think YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE should make frame protectors for all current makes of bikes

Are you gonna get anything anodized e.g wheels in black :angry: