Painting Ty Mono

scott_king

Hey all

Stripped my TY 250 mono today and starting to rebuild it but I need to know 3 things:

1. what is the white frame colour code or name or can I get away with any white?

2. what paint it best to use on the engine as the covers are magnesium.

3. What is the best way to clean up the mudguards and removing some of the scratches?

Cheers in advance

Scott :thumbup:

Edited by scott_king

Hey Scott, I don't really have much info for you so hopefully someone else can be more informative :D But when I painted my 175's frame, I just chose a silver that looked close to it. I used an automotive paint and it looks so think/bombproof I don't think it will ever chip off! But the point I'm trying to make is that if you paint the entire frame with one colour, it will look great as long as you find a white that matches what you're going for. But then again I'm sure someone can probably find you the same paint of the equivilent :thumbup:

For the fenders, I just washed them up in the shop sink with some liquid orange hand soap with a scrub brush and they cleaned right up :( But there were still a couple scrates so I bought some spray on platic waxer and it made them look shiney like new, but the scrape is still visible if you really look. Hope that helps.. You could also sand it with light sandpaper and repaint it, but I think that usually comes out pretty tacky looking

hope my 2 cents can help out lol

Edited by Jackman