4rt Programmable Ecu

monty-python

I have installed the ECU unit and used the mild response mapping program. Have not yet tried riding actual sections or loops with the new setup. I have to say that as of now I feel like I have spent an awful lot of money for such little benefit. Since I regularly am in contact with munch he says that the true benefit will be seen in actual sections since he has the unit on his bike. So far I am very disappointed. If you are considering getting the unit try a buddie's bike that has one installed and compare it with the stock bike. There was an item on the Montesa forum from ishy that says that it is the way to go. Take it from me - be sure before you spend all that money. :thumbup:

I have a international riders (cant name the person)program in my 4rt, which has slightly modified bottom and top end but has been changed completely in the mid range.It was like a completely different bike when i first rode it. The power was just incredible.If you want to see the difference between settings just go back to standard and you'll notice the difference.

cheers

I'd rather spend my brass on something that makes the thing more rideable than spend it on something that looks pretty. I have one on my bike, it's set softer than standard as I prefer being in charge up beck sections rather than visa versa. It certainly stops it from pulling my arms out & being a yard in front of me.

As for Freddie the Ferret advertising on here I can't complain about the service they give. I bought some Mitani footrest hangers which turned out not to be what I asked for, not only did they change them but upgraded them to Raptors free of charge. Cheers, spot on!

I did notice the Raptors were considerably cheaper to post than the Mitani ones! I'm stunned at the weight difference, I thought there was only one in the bag.

Just one question to ferret flasher.

How can you compare "like to like" with different gearing and raising and lowering the idle on each setting. The gearing/ tickover will also have a large effect on responsivenesss, on a standard motor?

If i spent the money on the ECU (lots), i sure as sh8t wouldn't want to spend even more on different sprockets etc. to get the benefits

Sorry, I'm not convinced!

Thanks for your honesty barcota, let us know how it goes in the sections

I'm with Perce on this just stick the softer map in and ride. Don't change anything else.

Much improved down here in the mud, and also not lacking on steps. Looking forward to dryer weather and trying the std map again and the power-up map.

If your not riding sections you might find it a bit flat - but it works really wel in a trial.

Only complaint is that it doesn't go up my favourite 4th gear climb quite as well on the mild setting - but still gets up without spinning out at the bottom.