Changing Brands

clarkp

New_Sherco.jpg

Putting the Rev-3 out to pasture... I picked up this '06 2.9 last weekend at the Rock Creek National in Tishomingo, OK. The Beta has been a solid reliable machine, but my brain thinks I'm ready for a change. This new machine is very snappy and it actually turns quite well now that Sherco is using the Beta fork.

Thanks to everyone for their help with Beta questions - I'm off to the Sherco forum...

After all the time you've spent defending the Beta forum against the hoardes of misinformed, mouthy Sherco riders you go any buy... a Sherco?!? Doh!

Seriously, thanks for all the help you've given me and many others over the past couple of years and I hope you enjoy the new ride!

neonsurge...the Bean avatar is great, but I'll always associate you with the Ron Jeremy av.

I did a ride-off between the '06 Rev-3 270 and the Sherco, and, as I mentioned... my brain said, "You're ready for something different and new" while my skills said, "The Beta is perfect!" So, as usual, I buy based on emotion and justify my decision with technical bull$h-t.

The '06 Beta was soooo smooooth, plush, and it tracks perfectly, and, of course, it turns better than any bike available - where the Sherco has a killer motor (I think it has my number...) and slightly, slightly stiffer suspension.

We'll see where this goes...

clarkp,

I too go a 06 Sherco In early Dec. after having Betas.I know what you mean sometimes you just need a change..and they do look cool :blink:

When I started riding the bike I had a real hard time getting comfortable on it.I got taller 5 1/2 inch rise bars that helped a lot and the pegs that are lower and further back.These helped but,still not comfortable, the pegs just always seemed too high even after getting new ones and of course the turning.For that I lowered the forks in the clamps "or raised them in the clamps lowered the front end" and put more preload in the rear shock and that helped a little.I figured more time on the bike was all I needed and I rode it like 3 times a week.The thing was every time I rode another bike weather it be a Montesa,Beta,or even a Gas Gas they felt better :D because the pegs are lower.I have never heard anybody else have this issue and since you also came from a Beta I was wondering if you felt that?

I really wanted to like the Sherco and was going to give it a year since I spent a lot of money on it after I bought it but,another guy got a new Beta and didn't like it because of the quick handling and we ended up trading! Now everybody is happy :wall:

I did really like the motor,even more after I put on a 9-tooth counter shaft sprocket and Keihin carb.

I hope you love your Sherco, must of riding buddies have them and I always get a hard time from them :wall: I just wanted to know about the peg height feels to you.

Edited by sirhc