Best Van?

ned1

i passed my test on the 1st of march and can just get to full sized bikes in my peugeot partner van if i take the bulkhead out and strap the forks down or loosen the handlebars off. insurance is still incredible but everything is at 17.

been a while since i was 17!! but have just sold a vw transporter (loverly van) and bought an 03 reg ex postie vauxhall combo that is mint and only paid 3k with 35k miles, my sherco fits in no probs, has rubber floor is lined and has 6 tie down points, it drives like a car because it is, is very cheap to insure and run + being 17 you could fit large alloys + other corsa bits ect ect, why have anything bigger!!.

on a lower budget my brother in law has an older shape combo and he fits his sherco in the back no probs (and that has an LPG tank in the way!).

if you remove the false floor + bulkhead in an old combo (a few pop rivets) you can actually get two bikes in the back ive seen it done!

insurance is gonna be a killer on anything tho but bite the bullet mate we have all been there, hope this helps.

Edited by stump magnet

yea mine was ex post aswell with low mileage considering age. has a rubber floor mat and ply lined and i think they got 6 tie down points as standard mine has. made the bulkhead in mine quick release can take it out or put it in in about a minute

You bought an ex-post office van!!!!!!!

They're all but written off by the time they have finished with them aren't they? :)

thats what i thought but obviusly theres some carefull posties out there cos mine is luverly, ive put some corsa sxi alloys on and gone right through her and she only needed oil/air/deisel filters, oil, front brake pads and a waterpump total bill for bits was about

They're all but written off by the time they have finished with them aren't they? :)

thats what i thought but obviusly theres some carefull posties out there cos mine is luverly, ive put some corsa sxi alloys on and gone right through her and she only needed oil/air/deisel filters, oil, front brake pads and a waterpump total bill for bits was about