Spanish Bikes Ridden In The P65 Scottish

trialsrfun

Hi from Spain TrialsRfun: here you have one of the Sherpa N and one from the Impala.

The Impala was a road bike, not a trials one, and the Sherpa N was originally made for enduro. This preparations are home made, as obviously there are only arround 40 spanish trials bikes pre-65, all bultaco

as regular readers will know i'was probably the first to raise this issue in 'today at kinlochleven' on the friday night in this forum.

i've no issue with any of the bikes from south of portsmouth being substantially pre 65 road bikes adapted for trials in common with 99% of the british bikes entered, i'm of the understanding though that bikes had to be of british manufature but by and by.

below are carlos casas who i believe as well as been a damn fine rider is also a bank manager in Espania he rode i believe Wally daltons cub and neither wallys or the bikes lineage can be questioned

the second shows the only photo of several hundred that i took on the first day at what was for some the first section ( although not fro this particular bike)

why no saturday photos or comment well at 4 pm sharp I had to head south for an appointment in exeter the next day at 3 pm where Scarborough were duly relegated on the last day of the season ( it took 3 days to recover and i was back in scotland for the last 3 days of the ssdt.)

post-1834-1147457307.jpg

post-1834-1147457333.jpg

Edited by totalshell

The pre-65 Scottish has always beem just that - for any pre-65 bike, British or foreign.

IMO the foreign hardware is usually closer to the pre-65 spirit than many of the cubs, B40s etc, in that they're genuinely pre-65, they're often converted road bikes and so more closely related to the trials bikes of the day. The Honda in this year's event is a case in point -well within the spirit and the letter of the rules.

Certainly for me they add to the interest and richness of the event.

what is bsa40, MATHLES, ARIEL, all bikes UK...?

bikes road transform to trials, only greeves and james do bikes serial numbers

for trials,,

this bultaco is sherpan, or campera or model 2 bultaco all is the same, bikes for

road transform trials now and before, or you not remember Dan shorey, tomy Ollerton, juan soler bulto, manuel marques, oriol puig bulto, etc...

sorry, but you know not very well history trials,

i ask to me..? if you not interest this bikes spanish, because before time

years 60, it driver at scotland 6 days?

you now want do one new instructions trials...

hope you can open the eyes..... 

Hi from Spain TrialsRfun: here you have one of the Sherpa N and one from the Impala.

The Impala was a road bike, not a trials one, and the Sherpa N was originally made for enduro. This preparations are home made, as obviously there are only arround 40 spanish trials bikes pre-65, all bultaco

Thank you Greeves for the pictures and Bultaco for the information, I was unable to make it to Scotland to watch the trial but I am sure I missed an excellent event as well as the good weather.

For my part I like all bikes from that era and think that the presence of the bikes from Spain could only add to the overall interest of the trial.

Is it not possible that had the British manufacturers at that time looked more closely at the bikes from rival companies we might now still have a British trials bike in production.

What a fantastic collection of bikes your freind who lives near Madrid has, have they been bought secondhand in good condition or restored and do they all run.

With luck I may be in Scotland next time and hope to see you riding there.

trf.