Re-building Kickstarter

beta-boy

ok, well i finally got my kickstarter re-built after putting in a new idler gear and kickstart gear, both of wich had almost no teeth left <_<:)

anyways

everythings put back together and i go to kick it over, and at the bottom of the stroke the kicker is still ingaged and when the bike keeps turning over the kicker almost sent me rocketing over the bars, so im thinking that i got my starter gear down one on the spiral shaft, and should be moved up one, if that makes sense

moving on to the second part, i moved my kickstart lever forward so i could get the proper stroke and the bike fired up first kick, but now im noticing a different noise in the clutch casing that wasn't there before, my thought is the kickstart gear isn't fully disengaging because its in the wrong position on the shaft, just a guess, and so its rubbing on the idler gear a bit

any help would be nice, since i haven't been riding for almost a month and i'de like to get back on the bike

oh and also the little spring clip that goes on the kickstart gear, when putting the clutch casing back on does it go into its own little slot almost directly above the hole where the shaft pokes through the casing, it looked like thats where it went, and i couldn't remember from pulling it apart, but thats where i put it, just wanted to make sure it was right

thanks

well

i got it fixed, somehow, i don't know what i did but it works now

umm when i was putting new oil in, i think i put too much in

is this going to hurt anything or should i drain it and put in the correct amount

thanks