My O6 Sherco Mods

stump magnet

just thought i might show you some mods ive made to my 06 290.

let me know what you think.

theres a billet flywheel cover (very bored at work one day, had a lathe and 12" piece of T6 alloy kicking about) seals perfect now.

a carbon/ally rear sharks fin disc guard

a carbon fibre engine mud guard

a rubber flap protecting the shock

the rear box guard i also made from a bit of left over carbon fibre

the carbon fibre on the frame and clutch cover is real sticky back carbon fibre sheet from ebay works well and stops a lot of scratches.

cheers for looking.

Edited by stump magnet

Measure the inside diameter and go to your local auto parts shop and buy a piece of radiator hose the right diameter. You will have to get a long piece and cut off the right amount. Get at least one new radiator hose clamp (for the carb air horn) while you are there.

Wayne

Very nice!!! is that carbon sticky stuff also on the chasis, near the footpegs?

is it proper carbon fibre or just a sticker. Will be gettin my 06 soon, you have given me some good ideas.

what about the metal cover for the flywheel? i know you made that one, but is there anywhere that sells these?

Cheers

Edited by Peter_GasGas

hi sorry it took a while to get back but the sticky stuff is real carbon fibre but is flexible with a strong 3M adhesive on the back cut it out with scissors.

dont know if anyone makes the flywheel cover though i just made it too see if i could!

the guy selling the carbon stick sheet on ebay is called stewarts f1 carbon there about

just in case any one wants to know what the item number is for the carbon fibre stuff his ebay name is stuf2 but try this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Real-Carbon-Fibre-sh...1QQcmdZViewItem

or item number 8071845921

there are other people selling the same stuff just type in to seach box "carbon fibre sheet" on all catagorys.

though for value for money his is the best and turns up next day always have a spare sheet so you can replace bits as they ware.

hope this helps.

the carbon stuff on my bike has done three trials so lasts quite well